Sunday 14 March 2010

black


There's nothing I love more than a big new batch of screenprinted tea towels, and its even more exciting when they include new colours or designs.

I was taken a bit by surprise over Christmas. I sold a lot of tea towels! So many that my stock of linen tea towels ran out. The good news is I've finally restocked the shop.

This batch is full of old favourites like the Filigree pattern in Ocean (formerly royal blue), Chalk on unbleached linen, Tomato on unbleached linen and new favourite Ink on white. (As you can see some of tea towels have new names, I thought it would be fun to give them more interesting colour names)

There are a couple of new colours in this batch too, which I will reveal as soon as I can take photos and post them in the shop.

One of them I did manage to grab a quick pic of is up now. Please welcome the new Chalk on Black linen tea towel! Don't you love it here with my fifties bowl. The graphic pop of the Filigree design in stark white against the black towel is really striking. I've only got a few of these so be quick if you like it.

From the beginning I've thought about this as a bar towel. I see it drying whisky glasses or with a raft of champagne flutes stacked drying on it, in a lowlit bar, the glint of glasses and bottles above. I think this one would make a great gift too, wrapped around a bottle of bubbly with a big red or silver ribbon!

1 comment :

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)